The war memorial “Buddies” is located near the bandstand in Jaffrey, NH. In 1928 sculptor Viggo Brandt-Ericksen received funding to carve this massive work from a 40 ton granite boulder that was dug out of a hillside west of Jaffrey Center. It took six weeks to drag it to it’s current location. The work was done when the ground was frozen to avoid damage to the road. For two years Viggo labored on the stone, and the work was dedicated on Armistice Day in 1930 (Nov 11, 1930).