In 1988 Bronson Potter donated land to the town of New Ipswich which is now known as the Nussdorfer Nature Area. In 1990 the town purchased rights to an additional 10 acres to augment the conservation area. The trail is blazed with yellow square markers but would benefit from more trail volunteers to maintain it.
All of the protected lands in New Ipswich can be found on the town’s website
– Go to http://www.TownOfNewIpswich.org
– Click on “Maps” link on the left-hand side of the home page.
– Then click on “Town of New Ipswich, NH GIS Layers” link.
– Then click on “List GIS Layers” icon (3rd from left).
– Then set the “Protected Land” checkbox to checked.
I assumed that the trail would follow the shoreline around the pond but after a while I only encountered a confusing intersection of logging roads.